- Clemson library staff/faculty looking for thesis/dissertation digitization request? Go here, must be signed into StaffWeb to access.
- Clemson faculty/instructors looking for digitization services, please fill out this form.
- Regional SCDL partner interested in having their collections digitized by Clemson University, please fill out the proposal form at the bottom of this page for consideration. Upstate collections will be hosted on Furman’s CONTENTdm repository. Refer to the SCDL collection policy for help on determining whether proposals are more likely to be accepted.
- Current billing rates (2017-2018) for grant funding and non-SCDL can be found here on pages 2 and 3.
- Equipment and scanning capabilities can be found here.
Digital Project Proposals
Collections from non-profit cultural heritage organizations including libraries, historical societies, museums, archives and educational institutions will be included in SCDL based on the criteria outlined below. Other non-profit organizations with unique digital materials relating to South Carolina history and culture may submit collections for consideration as well.
Institutions that wish to have collections digitized by an SCDL regional scan center or their own digital images uploaded should refer to the SCDL Metadata Guidelines.
“The element descriptions presented here represent the Dublin Core fields for the item-‐level records created and maintained for the South Carolina Digital Library. These guidelines are based on the Dublin Core Metadata Initaitive (DCMI), OCLC’s Best Practices for CONTENTdm and other OAI-‐PMH compliant repositories: creating shareable metadata, version 3.0, February 2012, and the Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) guidelines.
The purpose of establishing these standards is to ensure maximum interoperability of descriptive materials across institutions throughout the state. If you require instructions on how to use these guidelines, please contact the South Carolina Digital Library or your regional scanning center.” -SCDL
Digitization guidelines set forth by the South Carolina Digital Library to help guide institutions in their archival scanning efforts.