Clemson University Digital Collections dedicates its metadata contributions to the public domain pursuant to a CC0 Public Domain Dedication. We want to make it as easy as possible for our partners, researchers, and the public to access our metadata. In that regard, we have developed an OAI-PMH compliant feed with an extended schema to help harvesters parse data appropriately. We support all verbs and requirements in the OAI Protocol for Metadata Harvesting version 2.0, http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html.
To access the most information from our records it would be best to use QDC vs DC.
|Base OAI URL||https://digitalcollections.clemson.edu/oai/pmh.php|
|GeoNames schema (XML)||http://purl.clemson.edu/geonamesorgxsd|
Verbs perform the requests in the OAI-PMH protocol for harvesting records, To use verbs in an OAI URL, simply add ‘?’ without quotes after the base OAI URL and add ‘verb=’ followed by the verb. Separate verb commands with ‘&’.
For example, to display records formatted in qualified Dublin Core:
- Identify – pulls information about the repository
- ListMetadataFormats – list all metadata formats Clemson data exists within. Clemson metadata exists within the following formats: Dublin Core (DC), Qualified Dublin Core (QDC), MODS, and GeoJSON.
- ListSets – list all of the sets Clemson data can be found in. Current sets that exist are ones for each U.S. state and all records in the repository. We will create sets for each collection and institution. https://openparksnetwork.org/oai/pmh.php?verb=ListSets
The following verbs must have a metadata schema defined.
Use ‘metadataPrefix=‘ followed by the preferred metadata schema code. Use ‘set=’ followed by the preferred set to refine your results.
- ListIdentifiers – retrieves headers of records. Can be combined with set verb to pull headers for a certain set.
- ListRecords – list items in the repository. Can be combined with other verbs to list records in a certain set and formatted in a certain metadata schema. Must have a metadata schema verb. The following lists records with QDC
- GetRecord – pulls just one specific record based on its cuir:local identifier. Identifiers found using ListIdentifiers verb (See schema). Example record: