- Purpose – Repro of materials under 20×24 inches such as stereographs, daguerreotypes, curved objects, etc. Allows for onsite digitization of fragile
materials not durable for shipping or transport.
- 20×24 inch baseboard
- LED lights
- LED lights do not emit heat or UV.
- LED daylight lighting unit with two light banks for even and soft illumination.
- Each light equipped with 288 white high-CRILEDs.
- Color temperature: 5600 K
- Illuminance on subject surface: 4000 lux
- Available Cameras
- Canon 5D Mark ii
- Canon 60D
- Phase One IQ180
Purpose – Main workhorse scanner. We currently use seven Epson 10000XL scanners, each equipped with the transparency adapter. Scans reflective and transmission (negatives/transparencies) photographs/documents.
Specifications – Optical resolution: 2400×4800 dpi; Maximum enhanced resolution: 12,800 x 12,800 dpi. Capable of 48-bit color depth. Scanning area: 12”x17”.
Purpose – Primary book scanner. V-shape cradle and platen “gently engages the pages and causes natural flattening. Allows for curvature-free scanning without using software enhancement. Two cameras shoot the left and right sides of the book. A laser helps the cameras accurately auto-focus to the page.
Specifications – 2 Canon EOS 5D Mark II DSLR cameras with 50mm lenses; Scanning area: 16.5” x 24.2”; Shoots in JPEG or RAW; 700 pages an hour potential scanning speed. Software – BookDrive Capture and Editor Pro.